Saturday, April 5, 2008

An Introduction....

A bit about me.......
Last year I had a fantastic teacher who really got me into using Web2.0 tools, such as wikis, blogs and podcasting, just to name a few. She also really encouraged us to have a voice in our learning.

I have now presented at two conferences, Navcon 2k7, and also a Rotorua conference. At these conferences I presented using Skype, with my friend Cheyenne.

My blog.......
I have set up this blog, to tell the world about what an impact using Web2.0 in your learning can be. I am also going to tell you about different resources that can also allow student voice to shine through. So check my blog regularly and please comment on the posts, as I would love some feedback.

9 comments:

Lenva said...

Welcome to the blogging world. You are on an interesting journey. It is good to see young people making their voice heard. All the best

tasteach said...

G'day Jess,
Welcome to the blogosphere. I am trying to teach my grade 6/7 students about using Web 2.0 technology this year. I will recommend they view your blog to get some ideas of great websites to look at.

Ian Fox said...

Hi Jess

You have certainly done well with your blogging. I really like what you have said about student voice. This is something we are really wanting to work on during the year. You have done some great work. I will be very interested to keep an eye on what you are doing over the year. Good one!

Anonymous said...

Well done Jesse.
You've put together a really useful list of Web 2.0 sites. You're becoming quite an authority on Web 2.0.
Eric

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,
Cool blog!
I like how you are making your voice being heard.
New idea for me!!!! Lol.
I'll keep checking on it!
Bekki

Mark Barrow said...

Jess.
You have got right into this.
Mrs Mitchell did well. Go team B.
I look forward to following and seeing how you go.
Mr Barrow

Nicola Harvie said...

Hey Jess!
Awesome blog. Awesome idea! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hey jess,

This is actually really cool !!
Its real awesome to see all the things you have to share on the computer...
Miriam x0

Pam Thompson said...

Hello Jess
How wonderful to see a student take on the Web 2.0 tools so enthusiastically. You have recommended some great web 2.0 tools & I think you are a great role model for teachers as well as students.

Pam Thompson